AC Replacements in Charleston, SC
Unfortunately, air conditioners do not last forever. After 10 to 15 years, an AC unit may begin to break down and will eventually fail entirely. When an air conditioner fails, it may be time to consider AC replacement.
Is It Time to Replace That Old Air Conditioner?
Knowing the signs of air conditioning problems is essential for knowing when to seek AC replacement. The following are some of the top signs homeowners may need to consider getting rid of their old units and having new ones installed. A new installation offers a greater level of efficiency and proper cooling for any home or business.
- If the system will only produce warm air, seek immediate AC replacement services. This issue is caused by failing parts. It can also mean there is a refrigerant leak. Schedule an appointment today to discover the cause of the problem.
- Insufficient airflow is common when an air conditioner is older and is no longer working properly. Insufficient airflow leads to improper cooling in certain rooms of a home. If some rooms are warmer than others, there is a problem that needs to be addressed right away.
- Short-cycling is an issue that will begin to occur when an AC unit needs replacing. Short cycling causes an air conditioner to continuously turn on and off in an attempt to regulate the temperature in the home. If an AC unit begins short-cycling frequently, it is time to call for AC replacement in Charleston, SC.
- Strange odors are another sign of problems with air conditioners. Homeowners should especially become concerned when they smell a burning odor coming from their unit. This smell could mean there is a great risk of fire.
Should these signs become evident, we urge you to contact us right away. Our customer service department is standing by to take your call and schedule an appointment right away. An air conditioner replacement will offer better cooling ability with a higher level of efficiency.
Replace or Repair?
When an air conditioner begins breaking down, homeowners must decide if they should repair or replace their unit. The age of the air conditioner is one of the best factors to consider when deciding between repair or replacement.
Most air conditioner systems will only last about 15 years. If the unit is over 10 years old and is developing frequent problems, it is likely time to begin considering a replacement. Waiting too long will only lead to increased expense and discomfort.
Our team will be happy to discuss your options for replacement. Today’s air conditioning systems are much more energy efficient than in years past. Call us today to schedule an appointment to learn more about the options.
How Much Does a New Air Conditioner Cost?
The cost of new air conditioners varies considerably, depending on the unit. The average is between $3,000 to $8,000. There are affordable options for just about any budget.
Options for AC Replacement
Homeowners in Charleston, SC, have a few different options for replacing their old AC units. The following are some of the choices residents can choose to replace their old cooling systems.
- Central air conditioning systems are one of the most popular options and the most effective. These units cool every room in the home evenly via ductwork.
- Ductless split systems are also an effective option for homes, especially those that do not have ductwork. These can be mounted on walls or in the ceiling, depending on the needs of the home.
- Swamp coolers use moisture to turn it into cool air to cool homes. These are often referred to as evaporative air conditioners. Our expert technicians will be happy to help you choose the right swamp cooler to cool your home efficiently.
- Window units are also an option, though they are not as effective as central air units. Window units may be appropriate for smaller homes or additions where ductwork is unavailable.
Our Complete HVAC Services Have You Covered
We are the HVAC professionals homeowners can trust for all their repair, maintenance, and installation needs. We treat homes like they are our own and will not rest until our customers are fully satisfied. Call us today to schedule an appointment right away.
Why Choose Us?
Although you have many choices for HVAC companies in Charleston, SC, there is a reason so many homeowners rely on us for all their HVAC needs. We refuse to settle for anything less than the best for our customers, and it shows in everything we do for them.
Here at Mura-Tech Services, we are dedicated to providing the extensive HVAC services our customers in Charleston, SC, and surrounding areas need. We provide all the services homeowners need for their heating and cooling systems, including maintenance, repair, and installation.